Deer Season is a busy time of year…
- Flying Pintail. This the first bird of a two bird mount. The other Pintail will be to the left with his back turned out.
- Meet “Little Billy”! This deer has been put together from 237″ gross sheds from Hard ROC Whitetails in Paradise, TX, courtesy of Bubba Richey and a cape from Missouri. I mounted it specifically for the Rut Country display at the new Dicks Sporting Goods in Fort Worth. He will join the display late on May 30th for the Grand Opening on May 31st.
- Things are looking up for Rut Country! Above is a photo of the display my wife and I completed today, 5/18/13 at the new Dicks Sporting Goods on I 35 West and Heritage Trace in Fort Worth. This will get my work in front of hundreds of new faces. Woop! Woop!
- Hooded Merganser. The customer wants this one standing on a turtle shell.
- Beautiful little Green Winged Teal. I love mounting these little ducks!
The last Mallard of the season is on the workbench!
Flying Canvasback drake
Wild Boar euro
Flying Gadwall drake
Work in progress as of 4/13/13. From left to right – 8 pt whitetail buck, a barnwood panel with driftwood attached, a Bufflehead Drake drying and a Mallard Drake also drying. The Bufflehead will be placed on the barnwood panel when he is finished. Watch the gallery for all three mounts in the next two – three weeks.